What is STRUT Walkathon?
STRUT is the Foundation of Hope’s annual flagship fundraiser. Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes to support LGBT+ people living in countries that are intolerant or hostile toward their sexual orientation, gender identity and expression. Strut for those who can’t, push your boundaries and your comfort zone – wear what you dare!
Why does the Foundation raise funds?
Rainbow Foundation of Hope (FOH) raises funds to support our grants program, which funds other Canadian Charities that are actively supporting LGBT+ Asylum Seekers, Refugees, and Newcomers.
When is the STRUT Walkathon?
The event is Saturday June 8th, 2019, at 11am.
STRUT 2019 WALK SCHEDULE
· 10:30am: Registration Opens
· 11am: Music Starts
· 11:30am: Opening Ceremony
· 12pm: Walk Starts
· 1pm: Prize Give-Aways
· 1:30pm: Post Walk Gathering (Location TBA)
Where is the walkathon held?
The walk-a-thon is along the seawall starting and ending at Sunset Beach at English Bay, Vancouver BC (See below for Map & Route Details).
How do I get involved?
There are three ways you can get involved:
1) Just make a donation directly to our fund. We need money to fund our grants program. Feel good knowing that 100% of your donation will go toward our grant programs and all contributions are tax deductible. We encourage that you consider becoming a standing monthly donor.
2) Register to be a participant. Create a team or walk as an individual. Reach out to your network and raise funds. Pick out your shoes and prepare to have fun or click the blue button to contribute a donation to sponsor a registered participant.
3) Volunteer! If you have time or talent we can use your help. Email email@example.com